高二英语上册必修五知识点重难点解析：Life in the future
1. impression n. 印记;印象;感想;后接 of sb./ of sth./ on sb./ that 从句; My first impression of him was favorable.他给我的第一印象非常讨人喜欢。 I got the impression that they were unhappy about the situation. 他们给我的印象是他们对这个情形不是很开心。
知识拓展：impress v.给……留下深刻的印象;使铭记;使感动;常用结构有：impress sth. on/upon sb./impress sb. with sth.给……留下深刻的印象;使铭记; It impressed me that she remembered my name.令我佩服的是她记得我的名字。
2. remind v.提醒;使想起;常用结构有: remind sb. to do sth.提醒某人做某事;remind sb.+(that)/wh-从句 提醒某人……;使某人想起……;remind sb. about/of sth. 使某人想起或意识到……;提醒某人某事 I'm sorry, but I've forgotten your name, can you remind me? 很抱歉，我忘记你叫什么名字了，你能提醒一下吗?
You remind me of your father when you say that. 说到那的时候，我想起了你的父亲。
3. constantly adv.始终;一直;重复不断地 Fashion is constantly changing.时尚总是日新月异。 知识拓展：constant adj.连续发生的;不断的;重复的;
4. previous adj.先前的;以往的;(时间上)稍前的;
No previous experience is necessary for this job. 以往的经验对这项工作不是很有必要。
I couldn't believe it when I heard the news.我听到这个消息的时候，我觉得简直令人那以置信。
I had only seen him the previous day. 我只在几天前见到过他。
知识拓展：previously adv. 先前的;早先
The building had previously been used as a hotel.这栋建筑早些时候被用作旅馆。
5. bend v.(bent bent)弯曲;使弯曲;弯腰;弯身;常用搭配有: bend one's mind/efforts
to sth. 致力于某事 bend sb.to sth. 迫使;说服 bend the truth 歪曲事实 It's hard to bend an iron bar. 把铁棒弄弯很不容易。
She bent her head and kissed her daughter. 她低下头吻了她的女儿。
6. press v. 压;按;推;挤;坚持;敦促 n. 报章杂志，新闻工作者，新闻界 She pressed a handkerchief to his nose. 她用手绢捂住鼻子。 She pressed down hard on the gas pedal. 她用力踩下油门踏板。 He is still pressing her claim for compensation. 他仍坚持索赔。 The press was/were not allowed to attend the trial. 庭审谢绝新闻采访。
7. switch n. & v. 用作名词表示“开关;转换”。用作动词表示“转换”。 She made the switch from full-time to part-time work when her first child was born. 她生第一个孩子的时候调整了工作，把全职工作转换成了兼职工作。 Press these two keys to switch between documents on screen. 按这两个键来转换屏幕上的文件。
I can't work next week, will you switch with me? 下周我不想上班，你能和我换一下班。
8. lack n. & v. 用作名词，表示：“缺乏;短缺”;用作动词，表示：“缺乏;短缺;没有;不足”。 a lack of food /money/skills 缺乏食物/金钱/技能
The trip was cancelled through lack of interest. 因为缺乏兴趣这次旅行被取消了。 He lacks confidence. 他缺乏信心。
知识拓展：lacking adj. 缺乏;没有;匮乏;不足
9. surroundings n.环境;surround v. 围绕;环绕 surrounding adj. 周围的;附近的 Everyone likes to work in pleasant surroundings. 每个人都喜欢在愉快的环境中工作。
10. catch/gain/get sight of 发现，看出;lose sight of 看不见,忘记; lose one's sight 失明;at first sight 一见就;乍看起来;at (the) sight of 一看见就……;be in sight 看得见，在眼前;out of sight 看不见At first sight, the problem seems easy. 乍一看，这个问题似乎很简单。 At the sight of the teacher, the boy ran away. 小男孩一看到老师就跑了。 The island is still in sight. 小岛仍然在眼前。
Out of sight, out of mind. 眼不见，心不烦。
11. take up：to fill or use an amount of space or time 占用(时间);占据(空间);to learn to or start to do sth 开始做(某项工作);开始从事;to accept sth. that is offered or available 接受(建议或能得到的东西) The table takes up too much room. 这张桌子太占地儿。 They have taken up golf. 他们学起打高尔夫球来了。 She took up his offer of a drink. 他请她喝一杯，她接受了。 He takes up his duties next week. 他下周就要开始履行职责。
12. sweep up 打扫;清扫;横扫;涌向;快速地抱起 He swept up the baby up into his arms. 他一把将孩子抱进怀里
Worried about the journey, I was unsettled for the first few days. Well-known for their expertise, his parents’ company …..
Confused by the new surroundings, I was hit by the lack of fresh air. Exhausted, I slid into the bed and fell fast asleep. 过去分词作状语：过去分词作状语时，说明动作发生的背景或情况，其等同于一个状语从句。vt 过去分词作状语时与主句主语构成被动关系，表示被动和完成，vi 过去分词表示状态或动作的完成。
1. 作原因状语，等于as / since / because 引导从句
Moved by what she said ,we couldn’t help crying . = ( As we are moved by what she said …
2. 作时间状语，等于when 引导时间从句，如果分词表示的动作与谓语的动作同时发生，可在分词前加when/ while / until 等使时间意义更明确。 When heated , water can be changed into steam .
Seen from the hill ,the park looks very beautiful .= ( When the park is seen from the hill…
3. 作条件状语等于 if / whether 引导从句
Given more attention , the cabbages could have grown better .= ( If they have been given more attention ….
Compared with you , we still have a long way to go = ( If we are compared with you …
The actress came in , followed by her fans . She sat by the window , lost in thought .
Much tired ,he still kept on working .=(Although he was tired ,) he ….
6. 独立主格结构： 当分词的逻辑主语不是主句主语时，分词可以有自己独立的逻辑主语，这种结构称为独立主格结构。常用来表示伴随情况。 The boy rushed into the classroom , his face covered with sweat . All things considered ,your article is of great value than hers .
1. In the past, people used to _____ on foot or by horse.
A. traveling B. traveled C. travel D. be travel
2. She’s still not used to _____ in China.
A. live B. the life C. lived D. lives
3. People will also take vacations _____ other planets.
A. in B. on C. at D. to
4. Will there still _____ banks in the future?
A. have B. need C. go to D. be
5. ____ do you think will shopping be like in the future?
A. How B. What C. Which D. Why
6. There will be great increase _____ farming.
A. about B. in C. from D. on
7. There will be personal web pages _____ the five senses.
A. have B. use C. with D. make
8. Where ______ in ten years’ time?
A. were you B. will you be C. are you D. have you been
9. Where ______ just now?
A. were you B. will you be C. are you going D. have you gone
10. What ______ I do first?
A. will B. am C. shall D. was
There a basketball match tomorrow.
I it tomorrow.
to see a film with me this afternoon?
We at the party yesterday.
They will on other planets.
Tom every day.
I. 1—5 CBBDB 6—10 BCBAC
II. 1. will be, in our school 2. don’t think, will snow 3. Would you like
4. enjoyed ourselves 5. take vacations 6. goes to school on foot